Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Democrats aren't any better

Ok I will admit, I am a person who generally votes republican. My opinions on individual issues sway from side to side, but what generally matters to me is lower taxes. Thats it. But in the last election I broke with my tradition, and voted democrat (in VA). I was extremely happy to see that the republicans lost control of both the house and senate. Honestly, I think that bush lives in his own shitty little world. But there are a lot of very good republicans out there.
Now looking back over the time since the democrats have taken control, I am disappointed. It has been a time of crapping on what the republicans have done, while really taking no initiative at all. I understand that the next election will be very important, so digging the republicans into a hole is a really big priority for the democrats. But in all honesty, that is pathetic. If they want me to vote for them, then they need to take some initiative. I am sick of them just playing the popular side of the war. I don't care if Ms. Meirs gets a contempt charge. Take some initiative and propose some bills that will help the country. If they don't know of something they can do, look at New Orleans. Plenty can be done down there. What about rebuilding bridges with Europe and other nations? I am not even asking them to take on the *Hard* issues. Just take on AN ISSUE.
Republicans, you need to get your act together. Bush is a moron... You need to keep seperating from him, and start bringing ideas to the floor to help the nation. Look, get bush in line. Tackle one issue. Just one. How about something simple, like extending an olive branch to Iran. Sure they hate us, sure we hate them. But we aren't going to wage a war given that we are divided about the one in which we are currently involved. So tell them "hey, that letter you sent was offensive, but we know you didn't mean it. We are sure we have offended you, please give us another chance. How about we get together, have a meal together and chat on how we can get to being buddies?". Ignore the nukes, ignore the problems. Just don't serve pork, and chat. When the meal is happening they may say "our sole goal is to kill you all INFIDELS!", but you come out and go to the worlds press and simply say "It was a very effective meeting, and we believe the start of a friendship is being built. We would like to offer an embassy to Iran and ask they do the same.". If they say no, they are the bad guys in world opinion. If they say yes and anything happens, they are the bad guys.

Well, that turned into a craigslist style rant.

I just hate those fucking politicians.

-J

No comments: