Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The star appeal

I really don't understand why people care so much about what the "stars" do in their personal lives. Honestly, if Britney Spears wants to get slammed by some dressed up trailer trash, and Lindsey Lohan wants to snort coke or whatever, I dont give a flying fuck. I don't care if Tom Cruise is a psycho about his scientology crap, and I couldn't care less what diet Oprah is going to fail next.

All I care about is wether the show or movie they are in is entertaining. I thought Top Gun was an awesome movie. I thought mean girls was stupid. Oprah seems like a real nice lady and I hope if I ever get married that my wife doesn't watch that waste of life show.

What kills me is that the stars know if they just stay in the news, they will extend their careers and get more cash. Lindsey may not be able to get a Disney movie again in the near future, but who do you think will get paid more for her next film. Coke-headed, naked wandering, slut Lohan or sweet, innocent, straight edge Amanda Byrnes. Here is the link to her pics if you don't know who she is.

But I guess it isn't the stars fault. They are just being smart about business. Chances are that Lindsey will be a star in some huge R movie and rake in 10 mill. If I were her, I would probably do the same. But then you have these people who live their lives reading these stupid articles about these people, then talking incessantly about it with other mindless twits, only to be back on some stupid online message board about it again and again.

- J

No comments: